Monday, May 11, 2009

THE WONDERBOY JESUS

I was having a theological discussion with a close friend this evening. We got to talking about the boy Jesus. I must confess I've never given the subject much thought. I was informed that the idea that the boy Jesus having miraculous powers was considered heresy by the 5th century. If I understood the discussion correctly – and I was a bit shocked so I don't know that I did – mainline Christians, on the whole, believe that Jesus was spiritually blessed during his baptism as an adult.

I'm just not sure what to think about all of that. I must confess to you, readers, that I find that a bit discombobulating, mostly because I think I made some assumptions a long time ago. Now I have some new schema to construct.

I find this topic so interesting. What do you believe about the boy Jesus? I'm not looking for a sermon, so please don't post those. I'm looking for some discussion.

2 comments:

Busplunge said...

didn't he do something newsworthy when he was about 12?

Like wanting to take over the family business?

Anonymous said...

http://www.greatdreams.com/jesus2.htm