Wednesday, May 27, 2009

YEAH, THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT

I have been working with my fat doctor to lose weight. It is so hard for me. I have struggled with weight all my life; I try but I always feel hungry. This is not a pitty party where I lament my struggles.

The doc tells me that I must, to be success, chart my daily caloric intake in some form and exercise. I am do some kind of fit-pitching with those, I must admit. Seeing me type in my next appointment on the iPod Touch, the doc suggested I use technology to make this laborious task easier.

There is, my friends, an app for that. Both are highly rated by users and health magazines.

Lose It!
Free application
This app gives me insight into my eating and exercise habits by giving me a food journal preprogrammed with many foods. I set, or rather my doctor sets, a calorie maximum and by entering the foods, I can tell if I have gone over, stayed under, and my exercise is also logged. All of it is graphed for me. You can print or export yet, but the company is working on it.





Nutrition Menu – Calorie Counter
$2.99 one time price
This handy-dandy app gives the user access to 80,000 food items including major and minor restaurant chains. So when I go out, and I really shouldn't over the next month, I can make better choices. I can also add those items to the food journal above.

No comments: