Wednesday, May 13, 2009

CHECK OUT THE CLASSROOM PLAYLIST

Okay, so I have this list of songs that I want to play in my elementary classroom next year. I've split them up by tempo (slow, medium and fast) depending on what kind of mood I need to support in the classroom at the time.

Frankly, I'm pretty impressed with the collection. Of those teachers who use music in the classroom, you will find plenty of Mozart and other classical artists and also some Irish instrumental. Good stuff. I need some classical, but I haven't added that yet. If you have some particular favorites, send them my way.

Check out the playlist so far. Pretty eclectic and authentic if you ask me.

  • Norman Blake
  • Enya
  • Beach Boys
  • Bob Dylan
  • Jim and Kim Lansford
  • Peter, Paul and Mary
  • Simon and Garfunkle
  • Big Smith
  • Art Farmer and Benn Golson
  • Pozo-Seco Singers
  • Slim Gaillard
  • Miles Davis
  • Blossom Dearie
  • Sam Bush & Alan Munde
  • Vince Guaraldi Trio
  • Clary Terry & Oscar Peterson
  • The Dillards (remember them from Andy Griffith show)
  • Louis Jordan
  • Louis Armstrong
  • Louis Prima
  • Duke Ellington
  • Tony Trischka
  • Johnny Cash and June Carter
  • They Might Be Giants
  • Ella Fitzgerald
  • Carmen McRae
  • Tim Hardin
  • Dave Brubeck
  • Adam Lambert (singing Ring of Fire)
  • Jimmie Van Zant Band
  • John Coltrane
  • Alison Krauss & Union Station
  • Devo (yes, Whip It)
  • Mel Torme & Margaret Whiting
  • Benny Goodman
  • Captain Underpants (a kid CD based on the book series. It's goofy.)
Next is classical and some Irish – instrumental for those times needed for serious concentration and calmness. Go Alpha brain waves! By the way, I always play the tunes on random so the kids never know what's coming. It keeps life fresh for me, too.


No comments: