Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Et Tu?

It is a U2 week for me. The new year rolled around and I was searching the iTunes library for something new. I had been listening to a hodge-podge list of folk for the longest time. I seem to write fluidly with Bob Dylan; Jim & Kathy Lansford; Peter, Paul & Mary; Simon & Garfunkel; and Natalie Merchant in the background. But the new year clamored for something a bit more … more … bloody even if it is not Sunday.

I’m not really a fan of the new U2. I do not know why. I discovered U2 late in high school and fell in love with The Joshua Tree, which is mostly what I’m listening to with a little Sunday Bloody Sunday thrown in. (I do not have the entire SBS album.)

I have a chapter in a book to write and I’m hoping U2 will inspire me to write prophetic lines of educational enlightenment. I am a bit nervous about it all. It is a daunting task, but as soon as the girls are out of the house today I am reading and organizing my notes and hopefully popping a few keystrokes on the iMac. (and I Thank God I am not so unlucky as to be forced to use Vista.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe some day you will learn to use a big boy computer. But for now, keep on the training wheels big guy. LOL

Jason said...

I dig U2 old and new. :)