Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fat Jack Backs Obama and McCain



The country is tired. The people are tired. They may not realize it, but a significant portion of the American people have hated our leader for nearly two decades. First it came from the conservatives and the venom with which they hate former President Bill Clinton. Then the pendulum moved and the hate and discontent changed sides. We are not hear to debate which is worse, blow jobs or war mongering.

More important than faulty policies, lies to Congress, or unnecessary invasions of other countries, comes the issue of respect. If we do not have respect for our president, then we have a country divided. Ultimately everyone gets hurt.

What is best for our country is a president that can be respected despite his or her politics. I think the two candidates that are respected the most are Barack Obama and John McCain. Anyone else, Hillary or Huckabee, will do nothing but unite a large faction of opposite voters to the hatebox and at this point we do not need that. They may have good policies, but if they are hated, it is awful hard to enact and secure those good policies.

Despite the fact that I seriously disagree with John McCain, I can live with and respect him as a president – as my President. I think it is high time Americans looked for candidates that they can respect, regardless of the candidates political leanings. Let’s be honest, it will be hard for Hillary Clinton to get anything done because of all the hatred of her. It is unfortunate, but true.

6 comments:

The Lorax said...

I'm sure if I spent enough time on wikiHistorypedia or something, I could figure this out...

but it seems like a long while ago, the victor got the POTUS seat, the runner-up was VPOTUS.

I think I might be ok with that today. Just for the reasons you mention.

Good post, sir.

Sky Girl said...

There is a major difference between the people who dislike Bush and those who disliked Clinton. Even when Ken Starr was doing the best he could to damage Bill Clinton, Clinton held on to a high approval rating, and continues to enjoy one today. A majority of people in the country did/do not dislike Bill Clinton (recent odd behavior aside).

For Bush, his approval ratings are and have been abysmal for years. It's not just a loud political faction who thinks he's done a bad job, is a vast majority of the American public.

I think people are largely selfish. They like how they feel when the economy is good. Many people remember the prosperity of the 90's with fondness. I think they will vote for whoever they think can bring that feeling to them again.

The CDM said...

"If we do not have respect for our president, then we have a country divided. Ultimately everyone gets hurt."

Abso-freakin-lutely! I couldn't agree more or say it better. It would be nice if we can get the respect and trust of the rest of the world again.

Jason said...

"unite a large faction of opposite voters to the hatebox and at this point we do not need that."

Exactly. So many of the most blind partisans for their candidates seem fueled by hate and aim to smear and insult and attack those who disagree with them. It's one of the biggest things tearing the country apart.

Busplunge said...

Why do people hate Hilary Clinton so much?

Busplunge said...

I think I spelled her name wrong, I knew a woman named Hilary who spelled it with one "L". Hillary, Hilary, regardless of how you spell her name, a lot of people don't like her. Me, I like all the candidates, republican and democrat (ok, I'm a little out to lunch on Romnye) but I'm only going to vote for one.