Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Taking the Kid To College

The youngin' is out of school on Wednesday, according to the school closing list at KY3. So she's going to college with me. That should be an interesting day, eh? I have class from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.

I have emailed my professors and asked them if it was okay. I've heard back from one, but not the other, but I do not think she will mind. They are education classes – our methods classes. That is, those classes that teach us how to teach math, science, communication arts, social studies. So maybe we can learn from her and see just how elementary students learn and think.

I'm taking plenty of things for her to do while we are in class.
  • Books
  • Comics
  • iPod
  • Portable DVD player
That should give her plenty of things to do while we are in school. And yes, we will have headphones for the the iPod and DVD player. I'm excited about it. I hope that we can use some of our techniques with her. She loves to perform so she won't mind being up in front of college students. Besides, she is cute as a button.

I am thankful that my professors are open to the idea of bringing my child to class. They will not tolerate interruptions and distractions, nor should they. But I don't think that will be a problem. She has been raised with manners.

No comments: