Friday, June 19, 2009

I CALL THAT A SUCCESS (EVEN IF IT IS A SMALL ONE)

I ate too much for dinner. I hate it when I do that. I've been starving to lose weight and when I pass a certain spot I no longer make good decisions. I was hot, tired and hungry after the garage sale. We cleaned up and I was famished. Too much so. We headed to my favorite local diner (Coyote's Adobe Cafe) for dinner. I had it in my head that I was getting wings, diet be damned.

But then, on the way there, I thought better of it. By the time we hit the parking lot at Adobe I had decided that a heaping plate of wings would taste good but would be such a bad choice. So I opted for a burrito filled with grilled chicken and fajita vegetables. I still ate waaaay too many chips and salsa, but I didn't get the wings.

I calculated it all on the iPod and I did go over my calories, but I don't claim to be perfect at all this eating business. On the good side, I had a veggie sub for lunch. That was a great choice and was more compliant with my fat doctor's requirements that I eat x-number of vegetarian meals per week.

No comments: