Wednesday, June 03, 2009

THE STARVATION DIET

Not really, but it sure feels like it. I'm sure the children in Ethiopia might disagree with my use of the word "starvation". It's starving to me and it ain't pleasant, although my stomach is distended for other reasons that malnutrition.

It's been one week since beginning my weight loss regiment. In seven days of starving myself silly, I've managed to lose 6.8 pounds. I am not fond of my 2,300 calorie restriction. It leaves me feeling quite hungry most of the time. Such is life. I'll do it for as long as I can. Hopefully the stomach will shrink in size and I'll feel less hungry all the time.

Just so you know, I've gone over the 2,300 calorie goal almost every day and I've still lost weight. That's good. I'm still trying to meet my goal. That last time I really did this I lost 60 pounds using Jenny Craig. It worked, but I starved for a solid 8 months. It finally became too much. There's got to be a better way.

(In case you are wondering, I've also increased my exercise per fat doctor's instructions. I keep detailed records of every stinking morsel that passes my lips and all exercise routines I take. Thank goodness for the apps available for the iPod Touch.)

4 comments:

Jason said...

Has the doctor given you any tips to try and combat the feelings of starvation?

admin said...

Sure.

Some brain reprogramming (positive thinking, which does work) understanding psychological hunger versus physical hunger, drinking water, daily exercise, keeping busy, eating healthy snacks between meals.

It's still hard.

Busplunge said...

It must be something in the Ozark air.

I went for my annual wellness check a couple of weeks ago where my doctor told me I weighed in too heavy at 246 pounds and needed to go on a lowfat diet. Slightly anemic and too high of bad cholestral was worrisome to him also.

The pvt RN suggested I turn off the computer, cut out the hurrican supplies and quit being so seditary.

It may not be easy, but when you reach 60, as I have, nothing is hard anymore.

Sarah Jo Austin said...

Jack, I'm so proud of you! I try to stick to the Abs Diet, which has me eating six small meals a day with a bit of protein in each one. It keeps me pretty full most days. Might be something to look in to.