Thursday, October 23, 2008

I LIKE THE SONS OF ANARCHY


I missed the first couple of episodes, but finally found the show a few weeks ago. You know, it’s bikers so I had a reason to check it out. Wikipedia has the down and dirty, but I’ll just tell you that it is about a biker club – like the Hell’s Angels. They deal mostly in illegal arms, and fight to keep others from selling dope in their town.

The episode that did it – the one that sucked me in – was about a former member who was given permission to come back to town to see his kid play music. Turns out, he didn’t have he Sons of Anarchy back tattoo inked out or taken off. That is a requirement of members when they are banned. The Sons found out and they were none too happy. Not good, my friends. You can’t wear a club’s signs once you are kicked out. So they gave him the option: knife or fire. He chose to have his tat removed – quite forcibly I might add – by blowtorch in the Sons’ garage. At least they gave him liquor first. It was a bloody mess to say the lest.

They don’t mess around, those Sons of Anarchy. It’s a powerful show with lots of drama and turmoil. And it has bikes. This show makes me wish I had TiVo. So goes the life of a poor graduate student.

Sons of Anarchy
Wednesdays at 9 p.m.

Second showing at 10 p.m.

On FX


The official website
Wikipedia entry

No comments: