Sunday, July 05, 2009

EATING HEALTHY AFTER THE 4TH

I didn't do too bad over the holiday, food wise that is. Yesterday was a bit too carb-filled, and I'm sure I had too many dips (spinach dip, hummus, a touch of cheese dip) but for the most part I ate pretty well.

This evening I jumped right back to my daily regiment with a really refreshing and yummy veggie meal. I stole the idea from Dillon's but made it my own. Sorry, no pictures this time.

BAKED PORTABELLA PIZZAS
2 portabella mushroom caps
3 small Roma tomatoes
1/2 Vidalia onion
3-4 tbls minced garlic
Salt-free Greek seasoning
4 oz feta cheese

Finely chop the tomatoes and onion. Mix in garlic and seasoning. Set aside for 30 minutes. Top mushroom caps with mixture. Add feta cheese on top. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

It was delicious, healthy and nutritious. That's all I had for supper. I had some popcorn as a snack and called it done.

No comments: