Friday, July 24, 2009

THEIR WORDS BETRAY THEM

A family in (you guessed it) Texas posted a sign above their door that reportedly captures their disdain for the illegal immigration problem, and it is a problem. The sign reads:

HISPANICS
KEEP OUT

This family really isn't protesting illegal immigration at all, even though that is what they claim. The Texas family is really prompting their hatred of all persons of Hispanic descent, regardless of those persons's citizenship status. There are plenty of legal Hispanic citizens, American-born citizens of Hispanic descent, and green-card carrying Hispanic immigrants. There are also plenty of lighter-skinned illegal immigrants from outher countries, but the family doesn't put a sign up about that.

This is not about illegal immigration. It is about anger toward those with Mexican blood.

I wish the family would chose to take it down, although I don't think law enforcement should get involved. I do think the commnity has a right to respond so long as it is non violent.

What I really wish is that people were not so filled with anger, hate and discrimination toward people based on their lineage. It's silly.

I can't help it, but I always wonder then are these folks also born again? I've heard it quoted that 80 percent of the US population is Christian.

Keystroke to News2K for he posted it first.

2 comments:

GCook said...

Thanks for the shout out.

Anonymous said...

As a born again Christian, this turns my stomach :(