Sunday, May 17, 2009

AMERICA’S GREAT SUMMERTIME ESCAPE

This should prove to be an exciting movie season. With economic downturns and war factors still going on the American public is searching for an escape. Enter the heroic Hollywood to save the day and spirit away our minds and souls. Considering that, I have put together a list of goodies for the summer.


BIG BLOCKBUSTERS
Terminator Salvation (May 21)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (June 24)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (July 15)
Public Enemies (July 1)
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (August 7)
Inglourious Basterds (August 21)


FOR THE FAMILY
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (May 22)
Up (May 29)
Land of the Lost (June 5)
Ponyo (July 19)

I played with Transformers and G.I. Joe when I was a kid. I still have most of the toys along with He-Man. So I cannot help but be interested in these movies, come what may. And Land of the Lost … well even the wife is interested in that one. Sounds like we will be taking the progeny to see that one.

Inglourious Basterds is one movie that I am frothing at the mouth to see. Personally, I think Quentin Tarantino is one of America's greatest (but least celebrated) movie makers. I think the guy is genious. I'll just let you watch this trailer and decide. One things for sure: this will not be for everyone. It looks bloody and deep.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Tarantino's first war movie?

I am SO there.

Teresa B said...

Looks like these are mostly "guy" movies. I do have to admit I am a fan of the Terminator films, though most people who know me would not have guessed that. I didn't realize Land of the Lost was being made into a movie. I remember watching the cheesy show on Saturday mornings when I was a kid. I will definitely be going to that! Night at the Museum might be good too.