Saturday, May 23, 2009

TAKEN

Now that I am home by myself, I can rent some movies that are just for me and not the family. I put TAKEN at the top of my Netflix queue and watched it yesterday.

Typical rich girl thinks she is ever so mistreated when her father (parents divorced) refuses to sign a waiver to all the 17-year-old live in Paris for the summer with her girlfriend. The mother, who remarried a wealthy man, sticks it to him for his good common sense. He feels guilty and agrees.

Fortunately for the girl, her daddy is an ex-CIA operative – a "preventer" – and when she calls him when the bad guys enter the house to kidnap the two teens to sell them into a sex ring. He springs into action to save his daughter, while leaving a trail of dead (and tortured) bad buys in his wake.

It was entertaining but not for the mother. A kidnapped daughter movie is not her cup of tea.

No comments: