Saturday, May 09, 2009

IT'S GOOD TO HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR

I believe in having a sense of humor. The way we walk, the way we talk, the things we believe can all be pretty crazy at times and it does us good to have a laugh at our own expense. Our Christian beliefs are no exception.

I laughed out loud when I read Denis Meadows' letter to the editor today. Regardless of his own religious (or non religious) belief system, he points out the strangeness of the Christian theology. I don't have to change my beliefs to see his point and have a good har-har at my own expense. We could do the same with any religion, which was one point in the movie Religulous (something else I found funny.)

I suppose one might argue that we should be more reverant toward our own religion, but I don't take my religion (or myself for that matter) so seriously that I cannot see the silliness in my own beliefs.

Hey, Denis. That poke hurt but it was still funny.

No comments: